Organizational Change Management Lead/Manager
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Organizational Change Management (OCM) Lead role is to provide on-site management of the Organizational Change Management, Business Process, Stakeholder Engagement, Communications and Training & Knowledge Transfer Activities for the Hawaii Benefits Eligibility Solution (BES) Project. The OCM Lead/Manager reports to the Project Manager.
- Manage OCM, Communication and Training resources, approve plans, schedule/assign tasks, review work and ensure high quality on-time delivery of materials and activities according to the associated plans.
- Oversee the development of the stakeholder and communications research approach and associated materials.
- Manage the implementation of research activities and the associated analysis required to identify stakeholders, baseline attitudes and identify risks and issues.
- Based on the associated research, oversee the development of strategies and the execution of activities for Stakeholder Analysis/Engagement, Communications, Executive Alignment, Training, Knowledge Transfer, Business Process Change and Organization Change designed to increase awareness and build buy-in for the BES with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation activities that assess stakeholder readiness and adoption, identify stakeholder risks, recommend strategies to address those changes and implement as needed.
- On a routine basis, works in partnership with the Project Manager to support the project team in integrating change management activities and milestones into the project and project plan.
- Routinely engage with DHS staff at all levels; external Directors and Partners, Unisys staff and other interested parties to present a positive image of the BES Project, increase awareness and promote collaboration across stakeholder groups.
- Coach senior leaders and executives to help them fulfill their role of change sponsor and coach managers and supervisors as they support direct reports through the transition to the desired future state
- Provide regular status reports and participate in team meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, organizational behavior, organizational development or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A total of 8 years of experience providing change management solutions in large scale process/technology projects and other transformational initiatives with a focus on the following areas:
- A minimum of 3 years as manager or lead in large scale technology implementation
- Demonstrated experience in the following change management disciplines: Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement; Communications; Business Process Documentation & Analysis; Organizational Design; Training & Knowledge Transfer; Evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing work plans, project scopes, with a strong project management methodology background including complex scheduling.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Preference will be given to a work history in large scale health and human services eligibility systems or public sector systems implementation experience.