BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021
Join our Food and Beverage team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates a variety dining outlets ranging from convenient grab-and-go to delicious fine dining restaurants located right on the rim of the canyon. We offer opportunities to share your passion for hospitality by greeting and serving guests front of house or by working back of house, where you will be assisting in the kitchen by cleaning dishes or prepping our guest’s top notch meals.
JOB SUMMARY: Greet guests and seat diners in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper seating flow in the dining rooms.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your change to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome.
- Remain knowledgeable of property wide offerings, current trail conditions as it relates to water supply, closures and bus routes.
- Remain fluid with all hours of operations for the restaurant and current menu selections as well as the daily feature.
- Field phone calls as necessary while assisting guests with all inquiries including guest room dining orders.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available, accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Enter guest name and number in party on the wait list and give guest an accurate time of the wait period.
- For those dining rooms that utilize a reservations system, check guests in and informs them as to the length of time before they will be seated.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Bussers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to professionally interact with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with guests and staff.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor towards the guests and staff under very busy business levels.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability