Job Title: Driver/CSR >26000 lbs
Bossier City, LA
Part-time without benefits
General Work Schedule:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
Who we are
With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry.
While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Our Supply Chain team consists of manufacturing, logistics, engineering and operations. We have five manufacturing facilities, five regional distribution centers and 80 customer support centers across North America. With one of the largest private fleets in the United States, we drive over 3.5 million miles per year to meet the needs of our customers.
Responsible for driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures to transport products to customer locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following.
- Safely operate Commercial Motor Vehicles ranging from straight truck to tractor trailer
- Deliver and unload caskets in a safe manner
- Develop and nurture customer relationships
- Effectively meet CSC and customer demands
- Responsible for local operational performance in the following areas: DOT regulations, health and safety, vehicle inspection and maintenance, work standards, procedures and policies, and customer satisfaction
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Diligent attention to safety
- Diligent attention to detail
- Team player
- Class A CDL
- Clean MVR
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure customer demand is met
- Ability to build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Must pass a vehicle road test
- Must maintain a current DOT physical and keep on file with issuing state motor vehicle department
- Ability to lift 150 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds above the shoulders
- Ability to push caskets up to 300 lbs. on a shelf (approximately 90 lbs of force required) onto and off of a lift gate
- Ability to lift, one end at a time, a 300 lb. casket onto or off of a platform or church truck at the funeral home
- Ability to lower a casket from the standing (upright) position onto a bed of a roll loader. This could be up to 70 lbs of weight.
- Ability to lift miscellaneous equipment and product weighing up to 60 lbs
- 3 years of delivery experience
- Customer service experience
- Previous CDL driving experience
- Experience with computers
Travel is generally not required but may include some overnight travel depending on the location and route.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veteran