We’re a young, fast-growing, and profitable, electrical equipment company, recently ranked by Inc Magazine as the 283rd fastest-growing company in America. Check out facility tours here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsIbkb-vYPfwv4Bft3nJcyA and learn more at: http://www.maddoxtransformer.com/
Maddox was founded on Christian values and we are passionate about investing in the people, processes, and culture that have made this a great place to work.
About Maddox + You:
You will report directly to the CFO. Areas of responsibility include: preparation of journal entries; G/L account reconciliations; support of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing processes to include preparation of workbook and financial reporting packages; maintenance of fixed asset ledger; sales tax reporting; recording of intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliations; and ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to build a career with an employer who values your strong character, stable lifestyle, and dedicated work ethic.
More about You:
- Self-starter with strong ethical standards and ability to discipline yourself in a remote work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and aptitude for creating and maintaining a well-organized workflow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will need to maintain efficient dialogue with various internal and external parties in other locations.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and discernment.
- Advanced or intermediate proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Comfortable and proficient using modern web-based software. Our financial and other information systems are all built on modern, collaborative, web-based systems so you should be comfortable in this environment.
- Experience with other ERP software and Avalara is a plus.
- Full-time; Initially a remote work position with option to a future new office location in The Woodlands/Conroe area. Schedule is generally 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with overtime as needed to meet reporting requirements. Very minimal travel (generally no more than 2-3 days per quarter) to visit other company locations.
- Paid time-off, paternity/maternity leave, 401k matching, health/wellness allowance, etc.
Experience & Education:
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with two to five years of relevant experience and good working knowledge of basic GAAP and accounting concepts.
Pay: Starting $65k-$82k including bonus and benefits; commensurate to experience.
Location: Remote, within 30 minutes of The Woodlands/Conroe
Pro Tip: We get a LOT of applicants, so if you want to stand out, write a few sentences telling us what stood out to you, and why you think you’d thrive in this particular opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $82,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Remote work: 1 year (Preferred)
- What stood out to you in our job listing?
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Internal audits for policy adherence
- Internal audits for tax codes
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management