Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting the 100+ billion dollar recruiting industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. Help us achieve our goals while working at a stable, profitable, 1+ billion dollar company.
About the Job
The Ads Delivery team is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to help build out Glassdoor's job advertising platform. The advertising platform plays a key role in Glassdoor's two-sided marketplace that helps job seekers find jobs and employers find the best candidates.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving online advertising problems such as click tracking, bot detection, pacing, budget management and supply & demand for high-volume websites. Ideally you will have a passion for building backend data processing systems using Java with an agile development methodology.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being comfortable changing direction quickly, and an eagerness to learn new technologies as needed.
You'll work with a small, collaborative team of engineers and product managers, making excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must. Most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of software development on large scale, high-volume sites
- Experience building robust products and services using JVM languages
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring, Struts, Hibernate, and Solr
- Proficient in writing SQL and experience working relational databases technologies
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like Redis
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience with git or other version control systems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object oriented design
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- Familiarity with Linux, performance tools, bash scripts, and debugging tools
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.