Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Physical Therapy provides services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain with emphasis on physical dysfunction. Such therapy encompasses evaluation and analysis of patients and therapeutic application, physical and chemical agents, exercise, instruction to patient/family and other procedures to maximize functional independence.
1. Performs therapy evaluations, treatment planning and implementation utilizing department clinical guidelines & protocols. Participates in team conference /rounds for purposes of coordination of patients plan of care.
2. Provides patient/ family education and training.
3. Provides peer review and participates in performance improvement activities.
4. Documentation is completed based on department guidelines.
5. Therapy services are outcome oriented with timely progression of treatment. Goals are functional and measurable & revised as needed.
6. Initiates discharge planning involving patient, family and team members as appropriate. Recommends equipment to meet patient needs.
7. Attends 24 hours of continuing education per year. Provides 2 hours of inservice education per year to staff.
8. Provides full-time clinical experience to students.
9. Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding and evaluation of assistive personnel. Acts as mentor to lower level staff. Delegates to support personnel.
10. Seeks guidance from higher level staff as needed.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: one year
Norwalk-34 Maple St
PRN PT will provide week day, weekend, and holiday coverage as needed
I/P Physical Medicine
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.