Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Assists callers and/or patients in the following capacities:
way-finding, appointment scheduling, pre-service registration, insurance verification, co-pay collection, physician referral, initial screening of patient sign/symptoms, class scheduling and any other questions or concerns. Provides a high level of customer service to present a positive impression of Summa Health.
Formal Education Required:
Experience and Training Required:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Post high school level coursework in healthcare, accounting, business, public relations or related field.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- One (1) year experience performing customer service or general office support experience in any industry. Contact or call center experience preferred.
- Experience in Registration, Insurance Verification/Pre-Certification, Financial counseling, Patient Accounts a plus
- Ability to pass typing test administered by Human Resources of 30 WPM
- Ability to pass medical terminology exam administered by Human Resources
Level of Physical Demands:
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Knowledge of keyboard with high accuracy and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrates communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment by offering and accepting honest and constructive feedback, supporting team goals, encouraging fellow team members.
- Ability to be highly motivated, work independently, make decisions, and work in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Organizational Competencies: Appearance, Attitude, Courtesy, Concern, Communication, Teamwork, Safety.
- Functional Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Access Operations, Quality & Compliance Management, Physician & Patient Relations, Documentation & Reporting, Employee Engagement
- Personal Attributes: Customer Focus, Adaptability and Flexibility, Ability to understand and follow directions, Communication, Professionalism, Enthusiasm, Positivity, Integrity/ethical standards, Results-oriented, Organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sit for extended periods up to 10 hours
- Work weekends, evenings, and holidays as assigned
- Reliable Transportation required
- Ability to adjust work hours to meet business demands as required