At Regions, the Programmer Analyst analyzes and evaluates existing and proposed systems ad works from specifications to develop or modify complex software programming applications.
- Primarily develops, tests, debugs, and documents
- Supports multiple applications
- Involved directly with business segments to translate business requirements into functional requirements
- Works independently to come up with new solutions/ideas
- Understands business processes and Regions structure
- Generally works under deadlines
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Four years business experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Good project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning and executing projects
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience utilizing technology to optimize processes/systems for regulatory compliance, along with a strong understanding of databases and ETL concepts.
Experience with Informatica, SSRS report development and Oracle databases
Experience working with regulatory bodies and business partners to design and develop data processes used for Financial reporting
An understanding of Financial data used in regulatory reporting is a plus
Experience coding using .Net technologies