- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading large scale and complex software development projects in an agile environment with aggressive schedules
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes
What are the kind of problems that get you out of bed in the morning? In Amazon People Technology, it’s using modern technologies to solve complex human problems at scale.
Workforce Evolution provides current, former, or potential Amazonians with mobile experiences that allow them to manage their schedules, grow their careers, stay informed, and answer the question, “What’s next for me here at Amazon?” This product directly impact lives of hundreds of thousands of workers daily. Our program is looking for an enthusiastic technologist with experience building global software solutions at massive scale. If you want interesting, unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities then People Tech is the place for you.
We are seeking an seasoned Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us execute effectively on a complex roadmap. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication across Amazon, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into straightforward solutions, prioritize competing opportunities, and drive understanding for engineering teams as well as the executive layer. The ideal candidate will possess a fearless ability to dive deep, push for timely results, and build consensus across organizations.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented TPMs who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while managing a program at the heart of Amazon's value proposition to its employees.
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years’ experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Ability to grasp complex problems and quickly synthesize cohesive solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple competing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence over authority to drive project deliverables
- Experience in writing SQL queries in a business environment
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify, and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline