The Office of the Registrar at The University of Tampa has a position available for a Staff Assistant I to assist in front-desk customer service operations. This position reports to the Senior Associate Registrar.
1. Answer inquiries regarding academic records.
2. Create and process registration records, including drops, adds, and withdrawals.
3. Complete enrollment and degree certifications and degree completion letters.
4. Perform data entry and database maintenance.
5. Maintain the security and confidentiality of grades.
6. Assist with mass diploma pre-packaging and mailing following May, August and December degree conferral.
7. Create airway bills and process all international diplomas for mailing.
8. Check/maintain voicemail for the main office phone line. Check departmental email account and answer/forward appropriate emails.
9. Assist Staff Assistant II/Records Specialist position with student employment staffing and training.
10. Review and process multiple forms, ensuring they are completed or forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
11. Process transcript order requests.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma required, some college preferred.
2. Previous experience in a college records office preferred.
3. Proficiency with MS Office and database entry and management.
4. 2 years administrative/clerical experience.
5. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
6. Good oral, interpersonal and organizational skills needed as well as the ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
7. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
8. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled as “CV/Resume”, more than one attachment may be uploaded.
1. Cover letter
$14.86 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.