- Completing a BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Security
- Knowledge or experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- Knowledge or experience in application security design
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Proficient in at least one programming language
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is looking for super smart Security Engineers to join our world class team. We are obsessed with protecting customer trust. We are a hands-on team working to protect our computer networks, servers and applications. You will get the opportunity to work on the biggest and the fastest e-commerce platform in existence. You will work in the trenches with other Application Security Engineers, Application Developers and System Administrator to protect our customers.
- Preserve Amazon customer trust
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Engineer security solutions to protect systems, networks and applications
- Security design and testing of the most critical Amazon applications
- Work with engineers to architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- Respond to security violations, vulnerabilities, and event detection systems
- Provide security policy guidance and consultation
- Evangelize security within Amazon and be an advocate for customer trust
- Experience in application security architecture, security code reviews, security testing, incident response, or security infrastructure
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security desired
- Experience triaging security alerts, front-line analysis, and escalation
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services