Responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of Health System, IDN and GPO (Strategic Accounts) bids, renewals and proposals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. Acts as a primary liaison between Merit's Strategic Accounts Department and both internal and external customers.
2. Assist with proposal preparation, contract administration, customer contact activities, contract fulfillment, and compliance in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
3. Works with Strategic Account Directors to manage and analyze sales contracts, process related fees, and monitor contract compliance.
4. Assists with the timely preparation, dissemination, and completion of contracts.
5. Prepares financial impact reports for bids, proposals and renewals for review by executive officers and Strategic Account Director.
6. Prepares sales tracing and rebate reports from custom procedure tray manufacturers (packers) and distributors; oversees entry into the database.
7. Assists in educating, interpreting and communicating essential information regarding terms and conditions of contracts.
8. Monitors all contracts for consistency and pricing uniformity.
9. Oversees on-going contract analysis, including:
a) verifying and managing contract compliance issues, including corrective actions to help assure achievement of Strategic Account Director and corporate goals; b) verifying and managing customer qualification under various contract criteria; c) verifying, managing and coordinating group pricing.
10. Oversees individual facilities group membership designations.
11. Designs and develops queries using internal and external database systems for generation of sales and profitability information analyses and reports relative to contract progress, group membership, pricing, eligibility, administrative reports and administrative fees.
12. Conduct analysis to identify trends, issues, and process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and improve customer relationships.
13. Composes correspondence requiring understanding of technical matters.
14. May, in the manager's absence, ensure that requests for information or action are relayed to the appropriate individual(s) and, as needed, interprets such requests and assists in implementing action where necessary.
15. May supervise other employees.
16. Performs other duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Business or related area with four years of related experience.
- Professional and/or educational contracts experience. Must be able to interpret and apply contract terms.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Ability to extract and configure data from multiple sources.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle Discoverer, JD Edwards or other SAP application.
- Understand pricing, discounts, and rebates.
- Knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizations and integrated delivery networks is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to understand financial impact of decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and excellent time/project management skills.
- Results-oriented, with ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well--verbally and in writing--with others.
- Correspondence composition/interpretation
- Information gathering/routing/interpretation/implementation
- Computer skills
- Contract analysis/administration/preparation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway (9800 South & Redwood Road) SOUTH JORDAN, UT 84095 www.merit.com EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled