This position is responsible for developing and executing tests on new and existing products to ensure that they meet the requisite functional, technical, and regulatory compliance and maintain high overall product quality. Responsible for having an understanding of the software test methodologies and procedures in order to ensure testing efficiency and high level of quality. QA Engineer will grasp complete knowledge of the system products, create and execute test cases, properly document and report issues.
- Develop, review and execute test plans and scripts for new and existing or new Epic Tech products.
- Create and execute detailed test cases and complex test scenarios.
- Submit and track issues found during testing to ensure that issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Responsible for Functional, Black Box, System, Integration, Regression, Automation and Penetration testing.
- Responsible for executing Performance, Smoke, Load and Stress testing.
- Reproduce issues when necessary in order to assist software development in resolving issues.
- Provide detailed Completion Report at the end of each project
- Understanding of software test methodologies/procedures and the overall product development life-cycle.
- Create and execute web and mobile manual and automated testing.
- Cross browser testing on mobile devices and desktop
Position Requirements/Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to effectively communicate with individuals and team members
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software, primarily Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Proficient with SQL and MS SQL Server
- Linux/Unix experience preferred
- Automation testing using Selenium, Sauce Lab, Java Script, Ruby, Cucumber
- 5-7 yrs. of relevant software testing work experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience in deriving test plans/cases from system and RFP requirements
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripting language
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent).