The Jockey Outlet Store located at The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds, AL is currently searching for a Store Manager. We offer a competitive salary, 40 hours work week, 4 weeks of vacation your first year (160 hrs), health/dental/vision, 401K Savings Program, excellent employee discounts, a fun working environment and more!
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN
Provide leadership and direction to assigned store in the areas of key business metrics, sales and profitability, payroll cost control, merchandising, selling and customer service, recruiting, selecting, training, coaching and developing people.
- Responsible for all aspects of Base Store management including:
- Driving all aspects of store level sales and profitability.
- Recruit, select and train a team of qualified, dedicated and professional store associates based on established core competencies.
- Lead and inspire store team through effective coaching and performance management; develop key staff members for expanded roles in the organization.
- Maintain all standards of store operations including visual presentation, security, inventory control, human resources, expense control and operational policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately plan appropriate staffing levels in order to maximize sales and minimize expense.
- Create and maintain a professional relationship with all landlord and mall management representatives; attend meetings and coordinate participation in all relevant store level marketing.
- Manage the execution and adherence to all corporate programs including: Jockey Club, We Serve, and Bra Fit Certification.
- Provide all employees with appropriate coaching, feedback and developmental support needed to create a high performance store sales and management team. Train and develop all Associate Store Managers on all aspects of recruiting, selection and training of new associates.
- Responsible for the development of all key staff members for expanded roles in the organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of store operations including: staffing, selling skills, payroll planning, merchandising, stock management, expense management, human resources, safety and security, and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Company prescribed standards are met and adhered to by all employees.
- Regularly review key performance metrics with staff in order to drive profitability/service in the store.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent selling and service standards through communications, training, and individual accountability.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures in accordance with Jockey policies.
- Perform sales transactions (ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments, counting money).
- Protect the security of cash, inventory, and other company assets according to policies and procedures.
- High School degree or equivalent. Advanced degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience required.
- 3-5 years of proven leadership experience in a management role.
- Strong selling experience required with the proven ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven experience in attracting, developing and retaining strong talent.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom; repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, ascending/descending, reaching, and lifting to stock and merchandise store.
- Ability to work with/around cleaning chemicals.
- Extreme flexibility with the ability to work opening/closing shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Strong working knowledge of POS systems. MS Office skills also preferred
Job Type: Full-time