CMX Global Logistics is a leading provider of international transportation and logistics services. We are dedicated to the transportation of project cargo and heavy machinery and the expert knowledge accumulated from a successful history in the market provides us with a unique understanding of the mining, oil & gas, energy, EPC, construction, infrastructure, agricultural, forestry, marine, and automotive industries. Being a family owned and operated organization, with offices in the USA, Australia and India we are in a position to be able offer a fully comprehensive, yet personal service to our clients globally.
A position has recently been created in San Diego. We require an experienced and knowledgeable Operations Coordinator for our business. The role will also extend past San Diego to include working in cooperation with our overseas offices to ensure that all global operations run smoothly for our clients.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing and coordinating shipping, transport and airfreight of heavy equipment and project cargo;
- Liaison with global contacts including shipping lines, agencies and customers;
- Ensuring shipping deadlines are met and the smooth running of operations;
Responsibility for control and management of company customer accounts;
- Providing excellent customer service among a loyal and diverse range of customers
- Quoting accurate pricing in advance of operations;
- Job costing and raising of sales invoices;
- Updating EDI Enterprise database with details, costings and invoices;
- Recording freight movements and monitoring arrivals;
- Arranging customs clearance and ensuring customs compliance.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of two years' experience in the freight forwarding industry is required;
- Knowledge and proficiency working with EDI Enterprise is required;
- Knowledge of air and sea freight, importing and exporting is required;
- Be organized and efficient with a high level of attention to detail;
- Be eager to learn with keenness to work in a fast paced environment and to meet targets;
- Be cooperative and work well as part of a team;
- Be able to work autonomously and take ownership of responsibilities;
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize.
Job Type: Full-time