Division: Capstone Family Physicians
Medical Network of Alaska delivers leadership, support, and guidance to healthcare facilities of all sizes across multiple specialists with the primary goal of providing accessibility, value, and quality medical administrative support services.
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for day-to-day operations of the front desk, including both check-in and check-out.
Operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Process calls according to the purpose of the call and/or forward urgent calls to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Screen patient needs both in person and over the phone and direct them accordingly.
- Schedule clinic appointments both in-person and over the telephone.
- Verifying patient eligibility, collect insurance information, and enter into the electronic medical records.
- Receive patient payments such as co-pays, outstanding balances, and guarantor payments and assign them to the correct patient accounts.
What You Need For This Job:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Must reside in or near Palmer, Alaska.
- Have general knowledge of EMR software and Outlook Programs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, or feel and talk and hear. Ability to occasionally sit, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform essential functions.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Great Company Culture.
- Make an impact. We are about your individuality by giving you the freedom to grow and create within the company.
- Rest and Relaxation. 15 days of paid time off every year, and six paid holidays.
- Health Benefits. Medical with HMA Precis, FSA options, dental, and vision. Short/long-term disability. Gym Membership.
- Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and life insurance with $100,000 provided.
- Healthy Working Environment. Operate in an environment that is safe, empowering, and satisfying.
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check and drug screen before official employment.
Medical Network of Alaska, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.