*Job Title: Lead/Senior Auditor
Work Location: El Segundo, CA
Duration: 2-3 month contract with option to extend or hire
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field; 3+ years of external/internal audit and overall knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures.
Job Description & Responsibilities: *
- The SOX function is led by the Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer who reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit & Finance Committee.
- This team continuously strives for world class service delivery and consists of 10+ professionals based in El Segundo, CA and Dallas, TX.
- The function is responsible for performing annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on behalf of management, as well as providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services.
- The department is charged with building future leaders, offers support for certifications and professional education, and operates with a flexible work schedule.
- The SOX Senior Associate will be a project and/ or section lead responsible for evaluating risks to the company and consulting with management to identify process improvements and operational efficiencies, all performed in accordance with professional standards.
- The SOX Senior Associate will direct the work performed by staff members and guide staff in professional auditing techniques.
- Performs complex audit procedures verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicates and confirms audit findings/observations identified through detailed testing.
- Provides guidance to staff members on engagements and special projects through knowledge sharing and assistance with assignments, while fostering a strong team environment.
- Able to independently conduct a walk-through and demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes resulting in the creation or supervision of a process flow to review with the client.
- Reviews and interprets organizational data, policies, processes, procedures, and practices in order to verify the accuracy and compliance with management expectations, regulatory requirements, and overall leading practices.
- Assists in the planning of SOX program that adequately addresses risk and compliance with company standards and relevant regulations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- 3+ years of external/internal audit and overall knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures.
- Real estate and/ or Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) experience preferred. Professional certifications are preferred.
- Further advancement will require achieving one of the following: Master's Degree, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Job Type: Contract
- external/internal audit: 3 years (Required)
- SOX: 3 years (Required)