The California Long-Term Care Education Center (CLTCEC) is a dynamic nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational opportunities as tools of empowerment for long-term care workers to build better lives, provide quality care and meet and invest in the critical needs of the long-term care workforce.
With the wave of the baby boomers in or approaching retirement age, 10,000 people will turn 65 every day for the next 15 years which creates systemic pressures and the need for growth of the long-term care workforce. CLTCEC’s mission is to enhance the skills of direct care workers that are needed to support this diverse aging population. As the largest provider of training for long-term care workers in California, CLTCEC trains over 2,000 workers each year, primarily women and people of color, in six different languages.
Field Organizer (Level I)
Reports to: Program Operations Manager or designee
Locations: To be determined based on the needs of the program within Alameda County.
Position Summary: The temporary position allows home care workers to gain experience in recruitment, education, and outreach using the CLTCEC model of organizing. As a Level I Field Organizer under the campaign, home care workers will learn recruitment skills and best practices. They will use this knowledge and training to disseminate information to other home care workers and IHSS consumers via outreach activities (such as door knocking, phone banking, and field events) and enroll IHSS consumer and provider pairs into the Program.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, recruits and enrolls participants into orientations or trainings including coordinating and conducting one-on-one home visits
- Collects all required information, data, and forms from participants
- Presents programs to community partners, consumers, providers, and other stakeholders
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered, enters data in a timely and accurate manner
- Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Conducts outreach activities for participant recruitment, including working in collaboration with community based organizations
- Maintains confidentiality of data
- Performs program support tasks such as organizing forms, making photocopies, and making reminder calls
- Exceptional people and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Meet productivity requirements in expected timeframe or deadline.
- Able to multi-task, learn the specifics of his/her destination, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Exhibit collegiality and diplomacy within a team environment, have good work ethic, and a mature understanding of cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate compassion, competency, and professional accountability for interactions with consumers, stakeholders, colleagues and others.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evening and weekends, as needed.
- Commitment to the values, goals, and mission of CLTCEC.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time
- Ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. as well as outside of the office in the field for door knocking and delivery of class activities
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to communicate with others and exchange accurate information
- Employees must recognize that working in a labor environment is demanding work, which sometimes requires working long or irregular hours that may necessitate over time
- Prior experience organizing in a campaign.
- Experience as a homecare worker.
Salary and Benefits: Hourly rate will be based on experience and qualification.
The California Long-Term Care Education Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No applicant for employment shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or parental status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Time Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Heavy Lifting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Workforce Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan