Work in a mostly low stress, friendly environment where people work together as a team. Company sponsored books, training and certification testing. Much work is done remotely leaving opportunities to work from home on occasion including on snow days in the winter. Tired of missing the kids sports? Our flexible work arrangements end this frustration once and for all. Become a member of the team and see for yourself why average tenure in the organization is 10+ years.
Bay State Integrated Technology, Inc. is a cloud hosting provider, managed service provider and outsourced IT consulting firm. In addition to managing our own cloud infrastructure, we also leverage the Azure Cloud for ourselves and our customers. We currently have a challenging opportunity for a hands-on Systems Administrator with high-standards to operate as a member of a team which provides ongoing support for our clients and internal systems. This person will be part of an energetic, fast-moving, demanding and results-oriented environment. Bay State is a Microsoft Certified Partner and actively encourages and supports ongoing training and pursuit of Microsoft certifications.
Location: This position is based in Middleboro, MA with datacenter located in Lakeville MA and will require travel to our client sites [usually] within a 30-mile radius. Approximately 25% local travel to clients. Ability to work from home on occasion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The candidate will be responsible for performing or overseeing network, server, and infrastructure administration for clients and in-house systems. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for work with customers to develop and execute a technology strategy to meet their business goals. The Administrator will be accountable for managing high-level technical problems and projects for clients and in-house systems. This position requires carrying a company cell phone and being available during off-hours on occasion. The position is a full-time employment opportunity. We have more work than we can handle so we may bring in additional part-time support for a highly motivated self-starter as well.
REQUIRED DUTIES & EXPERIENCE
- 5 or more years of experience in information technology role
- PC and server hardware and software deployment and maintenance
- Manage Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019)
- Plan, Manage, Monitor & Automate (script) datacenter systems (firewalls and security, AD, networking, backup, etc.)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning, monitoring and maintenance
This position requires strong knowledge in all or most of the following areas: bold are absolutely required. Some can be obtained on the ground but many need to be known on day one.
- Consulting experience. Someone who already knows how to work with and for clients.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server 2016/2012, including configuration and troubleshooting (single and multiple sites)
- Advanced understanding and troubleshooting of Client Operating Systems
- Plan, Manage, and Monitor Data/Systems & Backup
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- AD, DHCP, DNS, O365 configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Ability to write and review technical articles
- Network topology planning, design, & performance
- Cloud services methodologies and tools (Private Cloud & Azure)
- PowerShell and scripting
- Website Management (IIS, WordPress, SharePoint, etc.)
- Server Hardware Knowledge - Server builds
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
SKILLS/EXPERIENCES THAT ARE HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Create and manage Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategies
- Manage Firewalls and Edge Security (Spam control, Web filtering, Remote access, Anti-spyware and recovery methods for same)
- Firewall deployment and configuration (including rules, licensing, and modules/engines)
- Project Management
- Sophos firewall configuration - certifications a plus
- Technical knowledge in Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM
- Sales Engineering: suggest solutions and make the sale
- Design, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of SharePoint, and WordPress
- SQL Server Administration (including maintenance jobs)
- MySQL Administration
- You MUST have demonstrated hands-on experience (not just at boot camp/school) and be able to solve advanced problems intelligently and quickly. You should enjoy troubleshooting difficult issues, but also be willing to crawl under desks.
- Work in both a TEAM and INDEPENDENT environments without supervision
- Required to update your skills and learn innovative technologies continually
- Attention to detail – getting things done right and thoroughly the first time.
- Ability to take useful notes and follow instructions
- Ability to wear many hats – All team members are responsible for many different duties and everyone pitches in to help everyone else.
- Ability to work independently; vision to see system needs and fix them
- Find Problems and create solutions without being asked. Find opportunities for improvement both internally and externally.
- MCSE/MCITP in Windows 2016, 2012, 2008 is highly desirable but does not take precedence over hands-on experience.
- Associate Degree (or equivalent experience) plus 4+ years of professional experience supporting internal or external customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- System Administration: 7 years (Required)
- Virtualization: 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure Cloud: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cloud Computing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Firewall Management: 2 years (Required)
- PowerShell or Automation: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement