******POSITIONS LOCATED IN FAIRFAX, VA******
The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning (CASTL) in the Curry School of Education seeks applicants for multiple RULER Research Specialist (Wage) positions in Fairfax County, VA. The RULER Research Specialist assists with on-site data collection activities of the RULER Project in Fairfax, VA.
The RULER Project evaluates the effectiveness of RULER (Recognizing, Understanding, Labeling, Expressing, and Regulating emotions) as a social-emotional curriculum in elementary schools. Incumbents conduct observations within elementary classrooms and assist with individual computer-based child assessments. Research Specialists collect data using project guidelines and then upload the data that's been collected. These are part-time positions working up to 35 hours a week that will continue to be offered into winter 2019/spring 2020 and thereafter. Hours will ultimately vary based on project timeline and needs. Applicants must be able to attend training in Fairfax, VA. If hired, must have the ability to start in December 2019 and have a flexible schedule.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Completed coursework at an institute of higher education or a Bachelor's Degree in the Social Sciences, Education or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population are essential.
- Reliable transportation for traveling between schools (mileage reimbursed) is also required.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot technology, including laptops and tablets, is required; as is knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and Google suite (Docs, Sheets, and Calendar).
- Certification in CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) by Teachstone Training, LLC is preferred but is otherwise paid and provided for by The Curry School of Education.
- At least one year of experience performing direct work with children in either an educational setting or an out-of-school setting, such as a summer camp or an after-school program, is required.
- Written and speaking fluency in another language (such as Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Urdu, Hindi, etc.) is preferred.
$17.00 - $20.00 Hourly
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume, Cover Letter and the Contact information for 3 references . Search on requisition number: R0010423 .
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. (SPAKA)
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.