- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Office
The Crosby Group is looking for a Safety Engineer for our Tulsa, Oklahoma, facility. This position will train and provide program assistance for all safety, health, and environmental activities to ensure compliance with company, state and federal environmental health and safety policies and regulations.
- Conduct and document safety inspections and maintain safety training records.
- Conduct OSHA inspections and company policy/procedure inspections on manufacturing floor. Consult with team members to identify unsafe conditions, acts and procedures, and recommend corrective actions. Track corrective actions for all accident and incidents by keeping an action registry up to date.
- Lead investigations of accidents, incidents, and near misses to identify causes and determine how to prevent reoccurrence. Complete all MSHA required reports.
- Initiate workers’ compensation reports and manage claims through claim closure.
- Maintain and update air, water and environmental permits. Provide support with all waste programs.
- Maintain training certifications on industrial equipment.
- File required regulatory reports with MDEQ, EPA, DOT, FIFRA and MSHA.
- Provide strategic leadership and work with management on EHS issues and recommendations to foster continuous improvement of EHS culture and performance.
- Maintain safety equipment supply and availability.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years of demonstrated EHS experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience
- Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene experience preferred
- Environmental and safety regulatory and technical expertise
- Have expert knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field of environmental health and safety.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate strong sense of initiative
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Job Type: Full-time