At Mackenthun's Fine Foods we focus our attention on providing superior customer service.
We ensure customer satisfaction when we promote our “Mackenthun’s Exceptional Experience.”
The elements of Mackenthun’s Exceptional Experience include:
- Providing a wide variety of quality products, including Mackenthun’s Made and Mackenthun's Select products.
- Sharing our passion and knowledge for food and cooking.
- Consistently exceeding our customers’ shopping expectations!
- Health and wellness
For this reason, it is important that you are willing and able to deliver the level of service that the Mackenthun’s Exceptional Experience demands!
Consider the qualities you need to join our team:
- Outgoing and Energetic
- Knowledgeable about food and cooking
- Willing to learn and demonstrate selling skills
- Honest and Dependable
In-store Caribou Coffee Barista
- Responsible for promoting Mackenthun's Exceptional Experience by greeting each customer with a smile and offering assistance.
- This position is responsible for greeting customers, taking customer orders and payment, preparing and delivering coffee and non-coffee products in a timely manner, and creating a positive energetic atmosphere for our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer service and shift work including welcoming customers to the coffee shop, taking orders and accurately process payments using the cash register.
- Prepare beverages and serve product according to department standards and procedures.
- Work to develop familiarity with customers by knowing name, favorite or usual order.
- Follow all cash handling and payment accepting policies and procedures.
- May be required to work early mornings, evenings some holidays and weekends.
- Ensure that floors throughout the department are clean and free of debris.
- Stock and organize department as needed.
- Ensure that seating area, ie. tables, counters, chairs, are clean and free of debris.
- Prepare products for later shifts, weigh out beans for the rest of the day and the next shift. Prepare oatmeal cups, cold press and cooler mix.
- In-store Caribou food guidelines.
- Restaurant, retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED preferred but not necessary.
- Be a positive and creative trend-setter with excellent customer service skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be honest and dependable, able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must have an interest in selling food and a desire to learn the characteristics and qualities of the products and services Mackenthun's has to offer, in particular Mackenthun's Signature items.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Provide supervision as needed to ensure excellent customer service and personal productivity.
- Constant standing, walking, hearing, seeing for long periods of time.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions, bending at the waist, reaching arm's length/above shoulders/below waist, crouching, stooping, kneeling.
- This position requires close/distance/peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision.
- Training provided on coffee shop standards and processes including equipment operation, food safety, personal safety, harassment prevention.
- As needed to ensure Mackenthun's Exceptional Experience for customers and co-workers.
- Minimize department losses due to improper product handling, storage, damage and spoils.
- Perform duties in a manner that safeguards company equipment, resources and image.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write the English language.