With 85 years of experience, Osmose proudly serves the electric utility and telecommunications industries across the U.S., helping enable the delivery of safe, reliable and affordable electricity and communications services to millions of customers nationwide. We are the industry leader in wood and steel structure condition assessment, life-extension and rehabilitation services. Our mission is to accurately inspect and mitigate aging infrastructure in a planned, programmatic manner that minimizes owner costs while maximizing benefits.Headquartered in Peachtree City, Georgia, with satellite offices in Atlanta, Buffalo, Syracuse and Boston, the Osmose footprint extends throughout the country. Our employees are inspired to perform each and every day by our core values of integrity, customer focus, safety, respect, excellence, flexibility, efficiency and ownership. Our staff and field personnel represent some of the most tenured, well trained, and innovative professionals in the industry.
Osmose is currently seeking a Director Business Development responsible for direct sales of all Osmose services and products and coordinating sales efforts with Corporate Development and Product Management when team selling is required. Manage assigned customer base to increase sales, profits, market share and support brand image.
The ideal candidate will be located in an area that is convenient for supporting customers throughout the northern midwest.
- Initiate and effectively conduct sales calls and presentations to established prospective customers for all Osmose services and products.
- Create relationships with contacts inside each utility at various levels including senior level executives.
- Create sales plans and schedules that ensure market coverage with the appropriate contact frequency, based on business priorities and value.
- Coordinate sales activity with General Managers-Operations as needed to maintain existing customer base and support sales calls to new customers.
- Use customer and market intelligence to advise the Contracts team on proposal development and craft specific language when necessary.
- Submit price recommendations to Vice President-Business Development and Contracts team after gathering sufficient production and scheduling information from Operations.
- Work closely with operations to sync crew availability with project schedules and customer expectations.
- Produce, in concert with the Sr. Director and Vice President-Business Development, an annual sales forecast for assigned accounts and update the forecast on a regular basis to maintain its accuracy.
- Record and maintain customer and contact information for all accounts, utilizing the systems and processes provided or requested by the Company.
- Develop and implement annual plans to improve personal professional performance and effectiveness.
- Participate in and contribute to company sales and product training initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum five (5) years’ experience in consultative sales. Utility operations/management experience a plus.
- MBA preferred.
- Willingness to travel overnight and work varied hours, when necessary, to achieve desired results.
Come grow with us!
Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance and Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, Critical Illness Plan and more!
- 401(k) with excellent company match
- Paid time off
Osmose is an Equal Opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time