Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Engineering @ Scoop
Few companies get to face such diverse technical challenges as Scoop, and we’ve built a team of people excited to face these challenges together while investing in each others’ growth.
Scoop’s engineering team may move bits and pixels, but we also put real, live human beings in cars together. We’re touching problems academics have written about for years, and have data that no other company has ever collected.
But Scoop knows engineering is not a lone discipline. We’re a small team with varied backgrounds: big companies, VC-backed startups, bootcamps, academia. We like to build together, and we like to learn together. Our entire team and process are built around helping you grow and be successful. And we’d love to tell you more about the impact you could have at Scoop.
In this role, you will:
- Play a significant role in how Scoop’s iOS app works, looks, and is architected
- Contribute to a high-quality, tested Swift codebase
- Work closely with the product engineering lead & design team to create new components, architectures, and implement new patterns
- Build and ship large new features for Scoop users, every two weeks
- Work on challenging projects involving a deep understanding of the platform and its interactions with backend services
- Mentor less experienced engineers and help them grow their iOS knowledge
- Leverage your knowledge of the ecosystem to maintain and improve our build system and release process
- Be knowledgeable about the iOS ecosystem and user interactions
- Care deeply about quality
- Have experience with or very eager to learn test-driven development
- Understand the intricacies of the iOS ecosystem and apply this knowledge to complex engineering projects
- Have a high level vision of how to bring an app from good to great
- Be excited to learn and share new patterns and new architectures
- Have a computer science degree, or several years of relevant experience
You might also:
- Be interested in leading a team
- Or, have significant experience doing backend development and want to get closer to the product
- Or, be a front-end web developer who wants to level up
Life @ Scoop
Some easy math: what do you get when you take a few Bay Area commuters, a few cute office dogs, and the idea of carpooling? You get Scoop, the company that bring commuters together in carpools they love by partnering with their employers. Scoop unlocks new opportunities to make friendships, improve your well-being, and make the most of your valuable time.
Our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work, wasting valuable minutes every morning. A big problem? Sure, but we know we can crack it through our talents, partnerships, and the Scoop Community that’s already exploding.
Our culture is open and honest, but considerate and respectful. We lead with positive energy and bet on ourselves and Scoop every day. We’re defined by the moments we share: show-and-tells, company camping, and eating way too many cookies. We come from many backgrounds: successful start-ups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms. But whether we walked into Scoop with a tie or a t-shirt, we’re all united by a dream to change the way people get to work.