Part-time | Contract$23 - $25 an hour12 days ago
- Instructional design
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Accelerate Education, a leader in Online K-12 Education seeks a Chemistry Subject Matter Expert Author. Accelerate Education is a nationwide provider of K-12 online curriculum and instruction. Employees, teachers and students of Accelerate Education work virtually across the country. This is a remote position.
Applicant must have a solid understanding of Chemistry content as well as possess a working knowledge of basic instructional design principles and follow guidance and feedback provided from the instructional designer. We are seeking authors who know how to craft a lesson that is most engaging and beneficial to online students. The author will work with instructional designers, graphic & web designers, and teachers to produce an interactive and high-quality curriculum. Must be available during the daytime to meet virtually with team members on occasion. Writing samples will be required during the interview process.
The authoring tasks May include:
- Write objective assessments with specific instructional feedback
- Write authentic assessments which include rubrics and/or answer keys
- Write the instructional narrative for the online lessons
- Creating curriculum maps
- Apply feedback to make appropriate edits
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Teaching Chemistry: 2 years (Required)
- Authoring: 2 years (Required)