Block by Block is seeking to hire a capable and unique candidate for the Administrative Assistant position in Nashville, TN.
What does Block by Block do? Well what don't we do? Cleaning, safety, outreach, transit, and hospitality are all our specialties. We specialize in making downtowns friendlier and happier places to visit. In Nashville, we partner with Nashville Downtown Partnership to keep Downtown Nashville a happening place to see a show, a concert, hear live music, see a game, you name it Nashville will have it going on but Block by Block will be keeping it neat, safe, and friendly.
*The successful candidate must have the right mix of administrative skills and the desire to be a vital part of this successful team. The candidate must possess the capability to respond to recruitment demands and scheduling interviews and drug testing to keep this busy team staffed.
What do we offer? An awesome company culture! We encourage our Ambassadors to have fun and enjoy their jobs. After all, what we are all about is hospitality and if our employees aren't happy then nobody is happy! Here are a few of our other benefits!
Health/Dental/Vision/401k/Birthday Pay/(Yep, you read that correctly) Discounted Purchasing Programs and much more.
The coordination and organization skill set is high. You should have a sound consistent job history and education background in business, hospitality, janitorial management, or customer service. Other job skills and requirements are listed below.
Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
Assist in resolving issues and maintaining positive relationships with customers through support of management.
Responsible for coordinating and compiling statics for program and management. Experience with Human Resource Onboard a plus. Criminal Background checks and Drug Testing Chain of Custody experience a plus also.
Works with management to create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, payroll, record keeping systems, forms control, reports, etc.
Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information , Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Possess a solid work ethic and a willingness to work
- Have at least 3 years of administrative support experience
- Verifiable work experience
- Clear understanding of customer service and the impact on ensuring positive outcomes with staff and customers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have ability to quickly learn additional proprietary systems
- Goal oriented and Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Ability to follow instructions and retain information
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively
- Enjoy working in a high energy, results-oriented environment
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a reasonable manner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Required work authorization: