Purpose and Functions:
As a member of the Customer Services Team, the Career Coach delivers specific programs and customized services to meet the needs of individual employers or individual job seekers. This person will encourage client self-sufficiency through assistance in gaining and retaining employment. The Career Coach satisfies our public funding partners, the general public, and our business clients through the delivery of quality goods and services. Keeping current with labor market trends, community resources, local business leaders, and potential employment opportunities are essential to this position.
- Develops and maintains rapport with partners within their local offices to include personnel, local employers, and local vendors.
- Networks with other local office career centers, temporary staffing agencies, and other local community agencies to assist with meeting employment needs of both the clients and the employers.
- Establishes business partnerships with local employers to identify and meet employment needs.
- Passion for helping others achieve self-sufficiency through the attainment of gainful employment.
- Interviews and assesses clients to develop an appropriate plan of service, to deliver meaningful pre-employment services to including both training and support.
- Develops / writes a training and individual career plan with the client. This includes monitoring the client progress and ensuring follow up.
- Evaluates client’s strengths and weaknesses in order to provide useful coaching techniques tailored to the client. Defines current situation. Clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge and level of proficiency by seeking and giving information. Verifies client’s level of understanding.
- Facilitates Client’s ability to set realistic career goals by enabling the client to recognize their natural strengths, personality traits, behaviors, motivations, interests and talents.
- Prepares clients for the job market and successful employment retention through training, direction, encouragement, and motivation.
- Assists clients with job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing resumes, and preparing for job interviews. If needed, will provide job readiness workshops.
- Utilizes assessment results to match client skills with prospective employer job specifications.
- Establish work experience sites with local employers and create community service projects with both public and nonprofit organizations. Complies all required documentation (ex. timesheets, training plans, & progress reports)
- Competency with automated case management systems to include the entry of case notes and other documentation into the State’s System of Record.
- Enter accurate client data (to include case notes, reports, and services provided required documents) into designated computer reporting systems and update as required. Assists in collection of required employment and site documentation.
- Achieve performance goals and expected outcome measure as required in all programs operated by Workforce Essentials, Inc.
- Employment Specialists located in Area LWDA 8 will promote all Workforce Essentials Career Centers, programs, services, and employers.
- Employment Specialists may be cross trained to assist in the delivery of any program or service operated by Workforce Essentials, Inc. (within their own office or to assist other offices)
- Intermittent travel may be required..
Principle Business Services responsibilities within LWIA offices to include all facets of business service delivery which may include, but is not limited to:
- Promoting and referrals of WE, Inc. for-fee services such as Defensive Driving, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Drivers' Education, etc.
- Collecting Drug and Alcohol specimens and paternity testing.
- Contacting employers for random drug test draws.
- Scheduling testing time and location.
- Completing and processing all required documentation, paperwork and reports.
- Documenting services provided in computerized client tracking system.
- Must be public relations oriented and represent the company through partnerships in the Career Center, assisting customers in computer lab and group orientation process.
- Collect timesheets, record data and make contact notes.
- Leverage resources
- Partner team in office
- Ensure periodic communications with employees to verify employment and data.
- Help customers with resumes and help teach / facilitate employment workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the disciplines of education, social work, public welfare, human services, psychology, sociology, vocational rehabilitation, public administration, counseling or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience conducting work slot / job development / placement activities.
- Prior experience working with populations similar to Families First / Work First Tennessee /Temporary Assistance to Needy Families clients preferred.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, maintains vehicle insurance coverage, and good driving record is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local labor market development, community resources, and human services agencies is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written to include individual and group presentations, conflict management, and counseling.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with a diverse, demanding client base. Provides quality services and achieves goals in a fast paced, highly accountable team environment.
- Works expeditiously and efficiently to establish relationships with prospective employers in order to achieve job placements for Families First/ Work First Tennessee/ Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Clients.
- Demonstrably strong customer service skills toward clients, co-workers, and partners.
- Resilient and outcome driven to include the ability to relate to and motivate clients.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position based on a 37.5 hour work week. Hours of work are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday through Friday. This position requires the flexibility to modify work schedule to accommodate the client’s needs and to provide afterhours programs if needed. This modification of schedule includes working varied shifts, evenings and weekends as necessary.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essentials functions.
- Physical demands: while performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 – 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Workforce Essentials, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Workforce Essentials, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Career Coach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean Driving Record: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)