Teacher is responsible for the classroom operation including, planning, curriculum, and child assessment implementation, and supervision of children. Will strive to implement a quality program and to promote the positive physical, mental, emotional, and social development of the child in a pleasant and rewarding learning atmosphere.
- Must possess a current Teacher Permit from the CTC. Minimum Associate Teacher Permit.
- Three (3) Infant and Toddler units, preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience working in a pre-school/child care setting.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others.
- Show ability to have flexibility, maturity of judgment, and ability to work collegially.
- Ability to supervise pre-school children and ensure a safe environment including the ability to monitor and respond to events going on at all times in the classroom, outdoor play areas and on field trips.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Sincere commitment to providing services to children and the community.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to varied situations.
- Must meet State health requirements: Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance at the time of employment.
- Must be finger printed and cleared through the Justice Department.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis and measles.
- Valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
MAOF offers the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Accidental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, other supplemental benefits such as AFLAC, Credit Union Membership and Discount tickets to Southern CA theme parks and attractions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.81 per hour
- childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Permit (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off