iService Auto is a leader in the automotive market with our proprietary software that focuses on enhancing transparency and communication between repair shops and customers in the United States. With our unique edge, we have created several tools to enhance the experience and engagement between the customer and the service team. We are growing fast! With growth comes more ambitious goals and plans, and to achieve these objectives we need help. We are seeking developers to join our team and help manifest our mission even further into the future.
Skills and Expertise
- Design and maintain the overall architecture of web applications
- Maintain the quality and integrity of large amounts of sensitive data
- Understand and implement web security protocols
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to develop and launch new products/features with a "Time To Market" mentality
- Maintain code integrity and organization through frequent refactoring and reviews
- Highly experienced with PHP and the MVC framework Symfony or at the very least Laravel
- Comfortable in a Linux terminal
- Must have experience with MySQL; nice to have PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of collaborative versioning using Git
- Experience working with cloud services providers such as: DigitalOcean, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Experience > Education
Education && Experience > Education || Experience
Must not have been convicted of a felony and be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
Software Development: 5+ years (Preferred)
Remote, Chicagoland Preferred
Hours per week
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our team, please apply to this job listing, attach your resume, and add a short cover letter that includes a BRIEF description of yourself and your favorite video game. Candidates who do not provide all of the information requested will not be considered.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $40.00 /hour
- building rest apis: 3 years (Preferred)
- php: 3 years (Preferred)
- mysql: 3 years (Preferred)
- What is your favorite video game?
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity