St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
The Direct Care Counselor - Special Needs Services provides informal training and direct care to clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
- Supervises, trains, and/or assists client in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habilitation objectives.
- Assures client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheel chair, clothing and living space. Plans, schedules and transports clients to work, appointments and community activities.
- Documents routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
- Assists individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
- Effective communication, oral, written and electronic skills.
- Assists in all duties essential to the operational needs of the site.
- Assists individuals to meet their physical emotional spiritual developmental health and safety needs.
- Adapts positively to fast paced changing environment.
- Maintain required licenses certifications and trainings.
- Completes all related paperwork for mandatory compliance with DDS and other related agencies.
- Other Duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
How To Apply
- HS or Equivalent
- 1 year experience assisting individuals with disabilities or completion of Human Services training program preferred.
Like what you see? Want to learn more about how we can add to your career and your future? Click on Apply to submit your application to our exciting opportunities.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or any other employment decision made by St. Vincent’s Health Services based on the needs of St. Vincent’s Health Services and the job related qualifications and abilities of the candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, union affiliation, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, job assignments, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.