Full Job Description
Full time lead plumber in Santa Cruz. New construction, additions, ADU's, Kitchen and Bath remodels * little to no service work
Santa Cruz Green Builders
Family owned company based out of Santa Cruz city working on local jobs in Santa Cruz County. Our projects range from ground up new construction ( currently 4 houses in progress) to kitchen and bath remodels. We run our own in house plumbing crew ( lead and helper ) for all of our own plumbing projects. Have van and plenty of work lined up.
- New construction DWV rough and finish plumbing- start to finish to sidewalk. NO street work
- Radiant Heating system installations with help from our in house engineer
- Knowledge/Interest in Green Building- SCGB builds energy efficient homes - heat pump water heaters, manifold style "home run" plumbing feeding low flow fixtures, radiant heating and rainwater catchment
- Serve clients by consulting with them on their plumbing needs- fixture choices are made with clients per project. Our plumbers are expected to have one on one time with clients as needed to help them make confident and informed decisions about their fixtures.
- Work with multiple project managers on multiple projects across Santa Cruz
- Be able to read plans and provide framing crews with plumbing information so they can adjust plans as needed.
- Understand plumbing costs to help project managers bid jobs
- Maintain your truck so that it is neat and clean on the inside and outside at all times. Be well organized and efficient with tools and materials
- Provide accurate and timely paperwork to the back office- well organized receipts and billing information
- Strong understanding of the Plumbing code and be able to work directly with inspectors in a professional manner
- Always be safety conscious both on the job and while driving.
- Train and mentor apprentice helper
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a great local company in Santa Cruz and enjoy work- our crews show up ready to have a good time while doing great work for awesome clients
- Competitive pay
- Long term employment opportunity with growth potential- we love to learn new things
- Plenty of work in town- we are currently in contract for the next 12 months or more
- Flexible schedule- crews are allowed to work 4-10 hour days * 3-day weekends!!
- Company van - save on gas and vehicle maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of conventional plumbing systems and willingness to learn and implement "net zero" and "green building" plumbing systems
- Maintain a positive outlook- we don't hire grumps
- Willingness to learn
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of power tools and techniques for care and safe use
- Strong customer service skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
- plumbing: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift