ALLDATA is looking to hire an energetic, driven and motivated Field Sales Regional Sales Manager (RSM) with a proven track record of success and a strong work ethic in the Northeast region. The RSM will lead and manage an assigned ALLDATA sales region and will have opportunities to earn a base salary and commission. Software sales experience or automotive experience is a plus, but not required.
ALLDATA® is an AutoZone® company and is the leading provider of automotive repair information and solutions to the professional automotive service industry. Thousands of professional repair and collision shops across North America depend on ALLDATA’s software products for service & repair information, shop management and customer relations solutions.
ALLDATA® is building a team that will develop a complete suite of mobile enabled products and services for all of our products. Be part of a talented team working with the latest technology to create world class software products.
We are looking for individuals committed to maintaining our position as the leader in our market.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for planning, leading, designing, implementing and executing all necessary activities for the successful leadership and management of the assigned ALLDATA Sales Region in order to meet or exceed sales target quotas. Primary focus is leading, managing, coaching and working with ALLDATA Business Solutions Managers. RSM is responsible for creating, documenting and managing weekly and period sales route plans and sales forecasts for each Business Solutions Manager in the assigned Region. Ensuring each Business Solutions Manager creates a territory sales pipeline and that rolls up to an overall regional sales pipeline. RSM will also be responsible for leading, managing and coaching each BSM on the ALLDATA software solution sales process as well as working with ALLDATA customers, multi-faceted software products and projects, ALLDATA business systems, cross functional teams and other disciplines.
These activities include assisting in the creation of, and implementation of policies, processes and procedures required by ALLDATA. The RSM is responsible for providing the required leadership, oversight, coaching and development of all Business Solutions Managers including certification on new and current Products, internal systems and tools, training, and tracking for regional and territory performance and quota attainment. Responsible for completing assigned activities that are on-schedule, on budget, with quality, coupled with the approved requirements for each activity assigned within the regional sales team.
- Understand, document and execute proven standards for the strategic and tactical leadership and management of the assigned ALLDATA Sales Region and Territories, including adherence to all proven/applicable processes procedures and standards- including Sales Forecasting, Pipeline Management Route Planning and Solution Sales methodologies utilizing ALLDATA Dynamic Consultative Selling (ADCS) skills required by ALLDATA.
- Provide clear, direct contact communication interface protocol with all direct reports, as well as, executive management, all other sales teams, Customer Service, Software Development, Information Systems, Quality Systems, Legal, Order Processing, Product Management, Customers and others as required.
- Adhering to all ALLDATA Performance Management Cycles and Guidelines, including the entire process of coaching and counseling an employee. To include corrective actions, assisting in the creation and management of Sales Territory Plans, Sales Quotas, and managing sales performance and compliance, including utilization of all approved systems and tools, managing to publish KPI metric reporting, tracking and control.
- Responsible to conduct two (2) All Hands Team Meeting Conference calls per month and Individual bi-weekly one–on-one planning and coaching sessions for each assigned Territory Sales Manager.
- Assisting, creating and reviewing Sales Route Plans, Sales Forecasts, and Pipelines.
- Conduct ride-a-longs each period with Business Solutions Managers and help conduct on-site shop visits at least 50% of the time (Inside RSM to spend equal time on phone coaching) and ensure quality reviews/scopes are completed with each Territory Sales Manager on a period by period basis, based on ride-a-long findings.
- Responsible for all TSM Microsoft Dynamics (MSD) activity requirements including IDP’s and KPI tracking, oversight and the writing of specific policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, coaching and ongoing development of all Territory Sales Manager’s with respect to product knowledge, solution selling /challenger selling, sales activity, forecasting, pipeline management, MSD workflow process reviews, activity requirements and managing required work and exceptions to normal processes.
- Prepare and participate in quarterly RAM (Regional Assessment Manager) meetings at ALLDATA and provide forced ranking analysis of all team members required to drive sustained performance results and improvements.
- Ensure Business Solutions Manager Profile Plan is followed at all times, including activity objectives. Plan and manage the development and implementation of assigned Business Solutions Manager territory plans, time estimates, expenses, and cross functional workforce load requirements. Attract and retain top talent and remove non-performers according to ALLDATA/AUTOZONE Policy.
- Track the progress of all Business Solutions Managers reported issues, business related, as well as product software and/or data errors.
- Ensure ongoing implementation and coaching to the business requirements contained in the approved and documented ALLDATA (Business Solutions Manager Profile) and ensure best business practices and processes are followed to produce desired results, including 100% Activity-MSD implementation.
- Staff Development- Ensure all TSMs are trained and certified on all aspects of the products they sell.
- Ensure staff is kept abreast of all new communications regarding ALLDATA and its products and systems.
- Requires a BS degree and/or 6 years equivalent work in Sales/ Business Management.
- Must be conversant and knowledgeable in current application of Software Solution Selling and Software development technologies in the Software Information Technology discipline-environment.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of business management experience.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years’ experience working with software products
- Experience in managing in a Fast Paced - Multi-Tasking Environment is required.
Must have the ability to execute and follow through, and be able to complete assigned duties on-time, within budget and in accordance with committed schedules and agreed upon requirements with a core focus on the following:
- Must adhere to all ALLDATA Cultural Beliefs.
- Ability to maintain a highly inspired, motivated and focused sales team required to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with other internal teams.
- Must exhibit process control discipline in all phases of daily work assignments.
- Must display considerable independence, creativity, and originality of thought.
- Must be capable of managing multiple complex Issues, Territory Sales Managers, New Products, tools and other assignments simultaneously.
- Must possess a high degree of analytical and financial skills.
- Must exhibit change management skills and continuous improvement behaviors.
- Stress level is high to very high.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Daily contact is maintained with all Business Solutions Managers and Cross Functional Teams including applicable sales leaders, and department managers, such as: Order Processing, Legal, Product Management, IS, Product Management, CSI, Customer Service, Product Development and any other teams as necessary.
- Weekly contact is maintained with each Business Solutions Manager including planned one-on-one sessions, and any other “appropriate” personnel as required. Regular contact is maintained with Technical Support; in particular as issues are being resolved and new projects are completed that require training and support.
- The RSM must obtain information, ideas, and/or agreement on proposed strategies, programs, and/or policies thru direct leadership, influence, persuasion, knowledge, and/or authority at all levels of contact.
- All Contacts must be kept abreast of progress for all agreed-upon items. Clear and concise communication and status reporting is required in both written and oral form.
- Minimal travel required based on meetings, continuous etc.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ALLDATA® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.