This National Guard position is for a MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Position Description Number D1811000 and is part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon Air National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
As a MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT, GS-0344-7, this position is located in an ANG Aviation Wing, Mission Support Group, Services Flight. The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and services support and serves as the focal point for administrative and logistics activities within the Services Flight.
(1) Coordinates and administers the Food Service Program for the unit, ensuring maximum accountability and appropriate use of food service resources, in part by adopting the role of Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE). Manages the surveillance of the food contractor's quality program.
(2) Manages the administration of lodging support for eligible members performing in an official military capacity (i.e Unit Training Assembly (UTA) and Split Unit Training Assemblies (SUTA), deployments, home station training, incoming deployment or evaluation teams, staff assistance teams, visiting VIP's and transit crews).
(3) Coordinates the necessary unit level Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) activities. Ensures personnel and equipment are completely compliant with readiness related requirements.
(4) Manages the maintenance of office files, reports, correspondence, directives, and regulations. Directs subordinates who are responsible for preparing, publishing, distributing and tracking of unit orders, including travel orders, annual training orders, special training and other orders.
(5) Oversees the verification of contract requirements, invoicing, and validation of contract completion requirements. Serves as the Contract Assurance Evaluator (QAE) performing quality management, quality assurance and quality control measures to include external and internal audit activities particularly associated with the acquisition and sustainment of Services facilities and equipment repair.
(6) Administers the Funeral Honors and Survivor Assistance Programs. Reviews and facilitates Military Personnel Appropriation (MPA) day requests with augmented units.
(7) Oversees the development, management and implementation of a variety of safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
- The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.*
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0344 Management And Program Clerical And Assistance
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Must have valid state drivers license.
Enlisted Oregon Air National Guard
Compatible Military Assignments:
Enlisted AFSC 3F1X1
May convert to permanent status without further competition.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 - Current permanent or conditional Title 32 Technicians of the Oregon ANG.
Area 2 - Current permanent or conditional Title 5 Employees of the Oregon ANG.
Area 3 - Current service members in the Oregon ANG.
Area 4 - Individuals in the Active Duty US Air Force, Air Force Reserve, or Air National Guard who hold or have held the AFSC.
Area 5 - US Citizens eligible to meet the military requirements for membership in the Oregon ANG.
GENERAL and SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Your submitted documents will be reviewed for the competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job duty listed above. Within your resume you will need to detail your capabilities. You will need to demonstrate 12 months of experience which has shown work involved in performing clerical and technical work in support of such management analysis functions as work measurements; records, paperwork, documentation or information management; workflow, time and motion studies; development of organizational and workflow charts; observe equipment and work process. Experience, education or training involving administrative or clerical experience (i.e., applying guidelines, rules and regulations to assignments, composing correspondence, researching and compiling information and data, and records administration). Experience using computer and automation systems along with the detailed specialized experience related to this position.
A review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
1. Highly Qualified:
Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
2. Well Qualified:
Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
In order to qualify for this position you must:
Submit complete resume and other required supporting documentation as necessary.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents :
Cover Letter, DD-214, OF-306, Police Records Check Form DD-369, Resume, SF-50, and Transcript
- Any AGR applicants must contact the Point of Contact's within the announcement for direction's on how to apply via email or telephone call.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.