The Marina Office Administrator is the liaison between the property, accounting, and operations. This role is critical to maintaining accurate financial records at the properties. The Marina Office Administrator provides oversight of the accounting process, ensures that financial records are created and maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures and monitors compliance of all Corporate Policies and Procedures by conducting periodic mini-audits.
The Marina Office Administrator needs to work collaboratively with the GM at the property and the Regional Controller. The Office Administrator is responsible for organizing all Revenue and Accounts Payable data, which ends up in our accounting system.
The Marina Office Administrator provides the highest level of customer service in a friendly, helpful manner while accurately responding to the customers’ needs. The Marina Office Administrator projects a professional company image through all types of interaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely and accurate assistance with preparation of monthly financials
- Oversee daily deposits (Credit Card, Checks and Cash)
- Collaborate with the marina’s regional controller to process AP (may include coding and submission into payable system)
- Provide GM with necessary financial information, daily sales, monthly revenue, and expense analysis
- Collaborate with the company’s Human Resource Department to administer payroll and human resource activities (monitors overtime) as instructed by the GM
- Monitor results of operations vs budget and be able to provide insight for variances
- Report to regional controller as requested:
- Balance Sheet
- Prepare regulatory submissions as necessary (concession reports, alcohol tax, etc…)
- Must be able to work through an accounting system conversion
- Annual budgeting and periodic reforecasting
- Review monthly regulatory filings with GM (Sales Tax, Corp Fees);
- Ensure adherence to departmental and/or operations policies, procedures and practices
- Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in accounting preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting and administrative experience
- Strong ability to develop partnerships with internal clients/others
- Good presentation, facilitation and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability work independently to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve team, departmental, and corporate goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
It is the policy of Suntex Marinas not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)