Facilitate an exceptional volunteer experience through authentic interactions with volunteers and showcasing Feed My Starving Children (FMSC)’s mission. Educate, encourage and inspire volunteers to become engaged and invested in feeding kids. Lead food packing sessions, uphold safety policies and perform warehousing tasks.
Pay, Schedule & Benefits:
- Wage is $13.70/hour. This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. This is not a seasonal position.
- Regularly scheduled for 16-24 hours per week, subject to site staffing needs. Initially scheduled for 2 weekday evening shifts from 2:45pm-10:45pm and 3 Saturday shifts per month. Occasional Sunday and holiday availability required. Must occasionally pick up sub shifts.
- Attend required meetings, e.g. team meetings on a weeknight once per month.
- Benefits include 401(k) with employer match and paid sick leave.
- Travel on an expenses-paid international trip to meet our food recipients and learn more about sharing FMSC’s story.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate an exceptional volunteer experience. Warmly greet volunteers, create a great first impression, answer questions, build rapport, authentically thank them and express how important their contribution is to FMSC.
- Inspire volunteers to become invested in feeding kids. Educate and encourage volunteers through public speaking and one-on-one interactions. Invite donations and product purchases. Instruct on how to pack food.
- Orchestrate packing session activities. Monitor the time, transition groups between spaces and activities, make announcements, respond to changing production needs, etc.
- Organize and anticipate supply needs throughout packing sessions. Maintain the flow of materials. Think ahead, troubleshoot problems and respond calmly to the unpredictability of a volunteer workforce. Track production.
- Lead an improvised Christian prayer over packaged food after each session, and invite volunteers to join in.
- Label inventory, palletize boxes, prepare pallets for shipment and use a pallet jack.
- Maintain site appearance and safety: keep the bathrooms, orientation and packing areas clean and organized.
- Understand and follow personnel/food safety policies and procedures. Enforce policy adherence from volunteers.
- Operate a cash register and perform merchandise transactions.
- Assist with site initiatives and special projects, such as planning events, calling group leaders, implementing safety processes, handling MarketPlace™ inventory, reorganizing materials or training peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Passionate about FMSC’s Christian mission and living it out in the workplace.
- Able to maintain energy and stamina during 4-8 hour shifts with nearly continual standing and walking.
- Able to push, pull, lift 30-50 lbs. repeatedly, bend, twist and use hand tools like scissors.
- Thrives in a team setting. Can pitch in, fill in gaps, remain flexible, ask for help and share responsibilities.
- Assertive and confident with verbally sharing information. Able to educate, persuade and instruct large groups.
- Excellent customer focus: recognize and meet volunteer needs. Can build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Takes initiative to identify and solve problems. Responsible and able to use good judgment and discretion.
- Enthusiastic, positive and energetic when working with large groups, small groups and individuals.
- Respect volunteers of all ages, religious beliefs, ethnicities and types (ex. special needs, court-ordered).
- Able to tolerate consistent exposure to soy (an allergen).
- Work location is Mesa, AZ. Reports to Site Manager.
- Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside dedicated, talented folks.
To Apply: Go to www.fmsc.org/apply. You may upload a resume along with your application (not required). Please use Internet Explorer and delete your browsing history (specifically your cookies) for improved functioning of the online application.
Job Type: Part-time