This position will work 40 hours/week during the Academic Year. This position exists to provide active and engaged support to international students in immigration, academic and personal issues. Under the supervision of the Director, the OAS, Sr will assist in coordinating student activities, help in scheduling & supervise Graduate Assistants and Student Employees. This position serves as a Designated School Official (DSO) for SMSU in the SEVIS system for the Office of International Student Services and Study Abroad Opportunities/Global Studies.
- Typing/keyboard skills sufficient to perform skilled typing tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Data entry skills sufficient to 1) compile, sort, and verify data accuracy before entering it and 2) input data quickly and accurately.
- Customer Service skills necessary to provide prompt, courteous, and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, via e-mail or through other written correspondence.
- Knowledge and skill in word processing sufficient to perform functions using software programs, such as Microsoft Word, sufficient to produce memos, correspondence and reports in a timely manner.
- Bookkeeping skills sufficient to maintain accurate budget records and reports.
- Database Management skills sufficient to accurately enter, organize, store, modify & retrieve data and run reports.
- Ability to oversee, train and lead student employees.
- Ability to become DSO certified after hire requires the employee to be either a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Associate or bachelor's degree.
- Ability to speak a second language.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Barbara Okrina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507/537-6208.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.