We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as IT Support Level I, you are the face of supporting all ALDI stores from a national level, in a call-center environment at our corporate office based in Aurora, IL. The ideal candidate will need to receive calls from ALDI employees working at ALDI stores who are experiencing IT related issues, providing solutions to the caller. Issues can range from ordering toner for a printer to supporting servers and virtual machines within the store. You will be a part of a team that is dedicated to Help Desk Operations, where most of the support calls will focus around ALDI’s Point of Sale system and back office equipment. The ideal candidate will need to have experience with customer engagement, ability to troubleshoot issues over the phone, and provide a best in class employee experience. ALDI is looking for someone that is willing to work with others in a team setting, that brings positive energy and that is looking for career advancement. With this position comes a 4 to 6 week training course in a classroom style setting and an on the job training environment allowing you to understand your day-to-day responsibilities. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is key component to our working culture. This role is a stepping stone to career advancement opportunities to more technical positions at ALDI. Further opportunities exist within the help desk and other IT departments outside the help desk as an IT Specialist or IT Analyst allowing you to grow in your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Answers incoming support requests regarding hardware, software, or network issues in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
- Provides support to the company and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Notifies their leader of recurring issues providing suggested process improvements.
- Escalates to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to issues that require training of the end-user.
- Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Suggests process improvements to IT Support Supervisor in areas that could positively impact the business and the level of support.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Or, relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements.
- Understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
- Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal / network computer environment; skill of using its commands to organize and analyze files and information.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.