Director, Strategic Planning - Industrial Solutions
Requisition ID: (18007653)
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Bloomington
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Austin
Job Function: Marketing
Job Posting Date: Jun 6, 2018, 3:48:46 PM
The successful candidate will be a leader within the Industry Programs Group, supporting Emerson Automation Solutions to achieve incremental orders growth of >$100M per year. The role requires an individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both at executive and peer group levels as they lead an Industry Planning team analyzing Emerson’s target industries, segments and accounts, pinpointing and communicating focus areas and strategic investment opportunities for business growth. The team works closely with external and internal experts to provide deep understanding of key business drivers and KPIs to position Emerson as a strategic partner for our customers’ digital transformation journey and IIoT strategies. Key stakeholders include Industry Programs leaders, Global Sales management, Strategic Accounts leaders, Business Groups, and executive management.
Industry Market Planning:
- Analyze industry trends, develop implications for Emerson business and advise the organization on changes in strategy
- Identify growth opportunities and work with industry experts to assess competitors, our readiness to serve and propose alliance or acquisition targets
- Work with Industry Leads to prepare periodic Industry Reports for Emerson’s target industries and communicate the findings and implications to all relevant stakeholders within the organization
- Generate Executive Briefing Documents for key industry events such as CERAWeek, Offshore Technology Conference. Help to prepare Emerson leaders for executive customer meetings. Participate in briefings/meetings as appropriate
Industry Programs and Emerson Initiatives
- Deliver market analysis and deep dives to identify growth opportunities and support launch of new Industry Programs in different World Areas
- Support Global Sales growth initiatives with industry analysis
- Guide the organization on any Digital Transformation/IIoT implications within target industry segments
- Work with external research bodies and internal industry experts to fully understand industry business drivers, KPIs and technology solutions that support customer’s Top Quartile performance
- Analyze customer operational performance using benchmarking data, quantify business performance improvements and support development of Emerson value proposition to improve customer operations and financial metrics
Strategic Accounts / Competitor Analysis
- Analyze and help identify target customers for business development and sales engagement within an industry segment/sub-segment
- Support prioritization of business growth opportunities through target account and projects analysis
- Project Manage voice of customer surveys and analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Provide a central liaison function that links members of the Strategic Planner community together and allows the sharing of best practice and key industry developments
- Support requests for industry and market analysis from Global Sales, World Areas and Business Units
- Work closely with the Automation Solutions Platform Planning Organization to support strategic planning activities including Strategy Review
- Engineering or Business Degree and MBA qualification preferred
- Ten years of Industry, Automation, and/or Strategic Planning experience
- Strategic Planning experience required, and industrial marketing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of process, hybrid and/or discrete industries
- Understanding of automation
- Able to work both in a small team environment and able to collaborate across Emerson’s global, highly complex organization is important
- Intellectual horsepower and business acumen, capable of understanding and interpreting industry developments
- Results oriented, capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills for internal interaction and relationship building
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills; ability to develop presentations for varied audiences include Emerson’s sales team and senior leadership
- Analytical skills (numbers, market analysis)
- International experience an advantage
- Some management experience preferred – must be capable of mentoring and developing high caliber staff
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.