The Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting functions of our properties and corporate entities.
- Manage monthly closing process, prepare and review financial statements including profit and loss statements and balance sheets. Provide fluctuation analysis.
- Maintain the general ledger and perform balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare the mortgage schedule, fixed asset roll forward and other lead schedules for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Review accounts receivable and payable; managing cash for the corporate and subsidiary accounts.
- Work closely with SOX auditors and external auditors as one of the main point of contact to ensure compliance with all qualified requests.
- Work closely with the Controller on the quarterly and annual SEC filing. (10-Q, 10-K, proxy, etc.)
- Mentor and supervise a staff accountant and property managers; train property managers in financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly Flash Report.
- Process payroll for operational employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of accounting experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)