Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site Senior Splunk Analyst to join us as part of an upcoming contract a member in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia.
- Proficient with Splunk platform
- Proficient with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk
- Proficient in analyzing Splunk data for anomalies and trends
- Proficient in building dashboard and reports to highlight key trends
- Provide best practices
- Knowledge and familiarity with DISA STIGs
- Manage accounts, privileges and system access
- Manage Splunk system resources by monitoring for performance, capacity, and availability
- Mentor less experienced team members in Splunk
- Participate in projects as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- CompTIA Security+ highly desired.
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) highly desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Comprehensive knowledge of Splunk.
· Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
· Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
· Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
· Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
BA/BS in System Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science desired.
- Previous experience with FLETC a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of Splunk experience or related systems.
US citizenship; active SECRET Clearance strongly preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
December 1, 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Splunk or related systems: 4 years (Preferred)
- FLETC: 1 year (Preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ (Preferred)
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e. MCSE,Server (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment