Full-time$50,000 - $55,000 a year
- Time management
- Property management
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
The Accounting Manager is responsible for working with accounts payable/receivable, coordinating various accounts for their companies, and other duties may include working with both customers and vendors.
Must have the ability to manage numerous owners association financials. Oversight of AR, AP, ledgers and reconciliations. High volume, fast-paced environment for team-oriented and career minded individual. Property management experience helpful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review client financials, past due owner ledgers, and general ledger coding for accounts payable.
- Set up of all new clients in systems and working with remote service center.
- Tracking client annual financials.
- Performing association tax filings.
- Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals, payroll/ time reports, or property records.
- Reconcile bank statements, maintain operating, reserve and special assessment bank accounts, invoices and receivables
- Accounting and input all pay and invoices
- Verify amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy.
- Balance entries and make necessary corrections.
- Monitor monthly insurance payments.
- Receive, process and deposit all accounts receivable payments.
- Monitor and download lock-box payments.
- Verify and reconcile simple bank statements or department records.
- Sort documents and post debits/credits to proper account.
- Monitor monthly insurance expenses
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Evaluate, analyze, and prioritize data in various forms and formats.
- Perform calculations and analysis used in basic accounting (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of client accounting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors preferred
- 3-5 years of directly related or closely related experience
- 1-3 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience
- Prior AR, accounting, and reconciliation preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- HOA Industry: 1 year (Required)