Are you a Procurement/Sourcing Specialist with an entrepreneurial spirit? Does the thought of building a procurement function from the ground up excite you? Do you enjoy learning different businesses and how you may help to drive purchasing efficiencies for them? If so, we may just the role you are looking for!
Airgas, a leader in the chemical industry, is looking for a specialist to lead procurement activities within the Division. Accountable for the results and developing relevant opportunities and initiatives. This position will report to the Division CFO/Division assigned leader with input from the Regions
What will I be doing?
Oversight of Division procurement functions, including the management of select sourcing, negotiations, contract management, contract administration/compliance and supplier performance management functions.
- Be a leader in driving safety with a goal of zero accidents or injuries
- Communicate and deliver the vision, goals and objectives of the Procurement organization to field personnel and customer stakeholders
- Develop short and long-term strategic operational objectives, in alignment with the business, to enhance the effectiveness of Division specific sourcing solutions to the overall Airgas strategic plan
- Assist in the development and compliance of sourcing/procurement policies and procedures
- Implement multiple strategies leveraging Total Cost of Ownership, Lease vs. Buy and Economic Value models
- Measure ROI and key KPIs identified by the assigned Division leader
- Listen to the needs of the field to help enhance the Division market strategy
- Lead sourcing activities for the assigned Division
- Support National/Global Procurement initiatives and programs:
- Engage with Airgas Procurement for synergies including but not limited to sourcing, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Manage commercial risk for all purchases by assigned Division
- Identify savings realized and new potential opportunities
Who is qualified?
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management /Procurement/Purchasing/ Negotiating required.
- Bachelor's degree in any business related field required. Advanced degree in management related field, desired.
Analytical mindset, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches
- Strong team player with the ability to demonstrate solid written and verbal communication
- Solid operational management and proficient business skills (excel, power point, word)
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on active listening skills that allows them to get the “voice of the internal customer” and to understand the company culture
- Change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with dynamic stakeholders
- Leadership skills to collaborate with BU and functional partners like IT, Finance, HR, Legal, etc. at executive level
Who is Airgas?
Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
We take care of you
Aside from very competitive pay, we offer a wide array of benefits including: up to 6 different Medical plans, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a generous match and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability