Under limited direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to enhance and support day-to-day data aggregation and low touch trading strategy enhancements. Leads the design and oversees the creation and deployment of databases and environment required to collect and aggregate trading and market data sourced from internal sources, external vendors and public databases. Works independently on complex assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity with substantial latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and implements an innovative quantitative methodology for Raymond James electronic trading business.
- Analyzes and provides quantitative analysis of Raymond James (RJ) historical trade data from several sources.
- Develops methods and tools to evaluate and optimize the firm's trading strategies.
- Researches macro level trading characteristics of the market and creates write ups for client consumption, including meeting with clients to speak to such.
- Disseminates information to the RJ Electronic Trading team and clients on a timely basis.
- Develops and maintains excellent working rapport with business contacts.
- Takes new ideas, methods, or models and implements them efficiently.
- Manages other quantitative tasks faced by the company.
- Generates new sales ideas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- US and Canada Equity market structure.
- Working within various databases.
- Programming (C++, Python), desired.
- Financial markets and products.
- Advanced math and analytics sufficient for quantitative and analytical analysis.
- Identifying relationships, drawing logical conclusions, and interpreting results.
- Using technical/professional knowledge and interpersonal skills to obtain others’ commitment to ideas, services, or products.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to perform job.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from industry data
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with critical deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all organizational levels.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or Business and a minimum of (3) three to (5) five years of experience in Quantitative research and analysis.
- (3) three to (5) five years of experience working on sell side electronic trading desk/platforms.
- Detailed familiarity with Equity market structure.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
- FINRA Series 7, Series 55 and Series 63 Licenses.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Job Business Development
Primary Location US-NY-New York-New York City
Organization Institutional Equity Trading
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time