The Systems Engineer designs, installs, administers, and supports the organization’s Data Center Computer Systems and ensures reliability with highly available and redundant system designs. The Systems Engineer configures and administers application servers and storage systems, and shares the responsibility of administering security using access controls, patch compliance, firewalling, and physical protection. This individual assumes responsibility for designing, operating, and maintaining ongoing backup and recovery plans and procedures for all systems. Responsible for the evaluation, implementation, and ongoing support of various platforms (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools). Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment. Ensure platform performance and availability meet design criteria and objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. The Systems Engineer will act as a key hands-on contributor, subject matter expert and resident consultant for a broad range of Data Center technologies, processes, and best practices including but not limited to applications, backups, patching, security, systems interoperability, server virtualization, high availability, business continuity design and technical design architecture.
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure to support common services: file, print, application, database, web, fax, email
- Administers the storage architecture – Disk, SAN, Backup
- Maintains network-centric services – DNS, DHCP, Anti-Virus
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure to support business critical line-of-business applications
- Prepare documentation and provide project management on systems projects
- Identify and execute modern best practices
- Remain current with emerging technology and provide recommendations for how we might leverage new technology
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate IT tasks and procedures
- Monitor backups and perform restoration procedures
- Handle escalations of more complex problems.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems
- Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures
- Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved
- Plan and implement life cycle management of software and hardware
- Manage Active Directory and oversee the structure and monitor its health is required
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting
- Develop policies and procedures in alignment with ITIL to support enterprise service delivery
- Staff Members and Directors shall deal with patients, providers, colleagues, and other internal and external LSCC contacts honestly, professionally and with empathy, following the principles of AIDET (Skill at a Glance) and the Language of Caring Overview (Staff). Staff Members and Directors shall demonstrate honesty and integrity in all LSCC business activities and work scheduling
- Following the principles of AIDET and Language of Caring, Staff Members and Directors are expected to treat one another with respect and courtesy, understanding that each Staff Member and Director has special talents and capabilities necessary to fulfill LSCC’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Principles of AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduction, Duration, Explanation and Thank You) at all times with patients, colleagues, visitors and leadership
- The Language of Caring skills are versatile life skills that enhance communication and strengthen relationships that apply to all of us, whether we serve patients and families directly, or we serve the people who do—our internal customers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree Computer Science OR equivalent years of related work experience
- Minimum of four (4) years related work experience
- Technology Certification
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new computer programs efficiently
- Proficiency with EMR system
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills