Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Manages the Learning & Development (L&D) team and resources including the LMS and performance management system.
- Defines and develop the learning roadmap for developing core capabilities, compliance & legal matters, and associated programs.
- Conducts needs analysis, establishes priorities and allocates budgets.
- Defines project plans for training deliverables including but not limited to budgets, deliverables, and timelines.
- Manages project budgets and ensures the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Develops L&D programs that are results-driven, innovative, and user-friendly using various blended learning methods including storyboards, microlearning, instructor-led classroom, manager led workshops, facilitator guides, self- directed learning, structured peer communities and evolving technology.
- Develops curriculum based on leadership and functional area competencies.
- Manages scorecards, KPI’s, evaluations of learning and analytics to report the utilization and impact of the curriculum.
- Establishes regular review processes with partners to ensure the quality of instruction and discuss opportunities to continually improve.
- Leads discussions on emerging skill and capability needs in business development and assess how learning and retooling can be leveraged to evolve the workforce.
- Keeps up to speed on trends in technology, learning and talent.
- Fosters a proactive and strategic, high performing culture within the Talent and Learning team that maintains a clear line of site how our work supports our guests.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least eight years’ experience in Learning and Development.
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to develop a team of geographically dispersed direct reports.
- Demonstrated success building effective relationships with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, including senior leaders and associates across different functions.
- Must have proven experience planning and delivering large scale projects on time and on budget.
- Must have strong financial skills and experience measuring and reporting impact and solution measurement.
- Must be an expert in industry-leading organizational practices in Learning design and delivery.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have the ability to be proactive when working on tasks and escalate priority work as needed.
- Must have technical and working knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).