MOTORCLOTHES ASSOCIATE – SHORELINE HARLEY-DAVIDSON
PART TIME motorclothes associate at Shoreline Harley-Davidson
Shoreline Harley-Davidson is the fastest growing dealership in NJ and number one in customer service. We are looking to staff our dealership with individuals who have great attitudes and are as excited about Harley-Davidson as we are.
As a MotorClothes Associate you will be responsible for building and developing solid customer and interdepartmental relations.
Set-up and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise.
Key Result Areas
· Customer Service
· Retail Sales of General Merchandise
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Customer Service
· Provide excellent customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
· Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and offer an additional product that compliments the purchase.
· Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
· Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
2) Retail Sales of General Merchandise
· Provide prompt and accurate service at the cash register.
· Assist the General Merchandise Manager with attaining retail sales plans in General Merchandise.
· Receive and process merchandise from distributors, check merchandise received against purchase invoice, log merchandise into inventory, and prepare product for the showroom floor.
· Conduct or participate in a periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
· Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events such as Open houses, of HOG activities, fashion shows, etc.
· Create well-organized presentations, which appeal to our customers.
· Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing to customers.
· Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
· Maintain update customer mailing lists.
· Attend training sessions to keep current with merchandising & inventory control issues
3) Other Duties
· As assigned.
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Demonstrate professionalism in providing customer service.
· Review all P.A.C.E. tapes and attend training sessions to keep current in General Merchandise.
· Accept direction, follow instructions and work well with others.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· Schooling or experience in merchandising and retail sales preferred.
· Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
· Must have the ability to stand and walk the sales floor for most of the day.
· Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 30lb. of merchandise.
· Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location