My client, an established and well-respected manufacturer in the Pro Audio industry, is looking for an Embedded Linux Firmware Engineer to develop audio control and streaming software within their networked audio equipment.
You’ll be joining a growing R&D team and be challenged by an exciting product development roadmap – interfacing to a variety of communication protocols, DSP’s, sensors, and control systems.
The ideal candidate will be have a BSEE or BSCS with at least 3 years of experience writing embedded C/C++ on Linux platforms along with an embedded web server – so experience/familiarity with Node.js, JSON, and SQL is also desired.
- Work with hardware design, firmware, and software engineers to develop a complete audio control and monitoring system with applications for commercial audio systems
- Author, brainstorm, collaborate and implement embedded Linux control firmware to control audio devices across the network
- Write C/C++ code to stream audio, status information, and control commands on ARM processors.
- Interface with TCP/IP, BlueTooth, USB, SPI, I2C and other on-board and off-board communication busses
- Review hardware architecture and designs with fellow EE’s. Assist in bring-up, prototyping and debugging efforts.
- Use Linux command line development tools, GNU, Python, and revision control systems as part of your day to day development efforts.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Education: BSEE, BSCS or equivalent. MSEE / MSCS a plus
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience programming embedded Linux firmware
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, Python, Linux shell, JS is required.
- Experience programming embedded web servers using Node.js also required.
- Competitive salary offered based on experience level.
- Ideal candidate is local to upstate NY.
- Relocation assistance MAY be available for highly qualified applicants.
- Must be legally able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- FPC of Monmouth Coast refers quality candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, or disability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Embedded Firmware: 3 years (Preferred)
- Node.JS: 1 year (Preferred)