My client, an established and well-respected manufacturer in the Pro Audio industry, is looking for an Embedded Linux Firmware Engineer to develop audio control and streaming software within their networked audio equipment.
You’ll be joining a growing R&D team developing applications for an exciting commercial audio industry. You'll enjoy designing pro audio products using state of the art MCU's, DSP's, sensors, control systems, and networking interfaces.
The ideal candidate will be have a BSEE or BSCS with at least 3 years of experience writing embedded C/C++ on Linux platforms along with an embedded web server – so experience/familiarity with Node.js, JSON, and SQL is also required.
- Work with hardware design, firmware, and software engineers to develop a complete audio control and monitoring system with applications for commercial audio systems
- Implement embedded Linux control firmware to control audio devices across the network
- Write C/C++ code to stream audio, status info, & control cmds on ARM processors.
- Interface to TCP/IP, BT, USB, SPI, I2C and on/off board comm buses
- Review HW architecture and designs with fellow EE’s. Assist in bring-up, prototyping and debugging efforts.
- Use Linux cmd line dev tools, GNU, Python, and revision control systems,
Requirements & Qualifications
- Education: BSEE, BSCS or equivalent. MSEE / MSCS a plus
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience programming embedded Linux firmware
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, Python, Linux shell, JS is required.
- Experience programming embedded web servers using Node.js also required.
- Competitive salary offered based on experience level.
- Ideal candidate is local to upstate NY.
- Relocation assistance MAY be available for highly qualified applicants.
- Must be legally able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- FPC of Monmouth Coast refers quality candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, or disability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Embedded Firmware: 3 years (Preferred)
- Node.JS: 1 year (Preferred)