Duties include, but are not limited to receiving, stocking and issuing of goods and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Initiate purchase requisitions to ensure replenishment of stock and supply items.
2. Receives all goods and directs them to proper person(s) or place, inform departments when their material arrives via E-mail.
3. Maintain receiving files, receiving logs and forwards proper paperwork to Storeroom Coordinator.
4. Maintain proper stocking levels in material storeroom.
5. Maintain security of storeroom. Ensure parts withdrawals are recorded against work orders or cost centers. Monitor tool crib to ensure tools are in good operating condition, signed out and returned to tool crib.
6. Create reports regarding shortage of materials for work orders as directed.
7. Set up and handout necessary parts to maintenance and contractor craftsmen.
8. Liaise as appropriate with R & M Department primarily to the Storeroom Coordinator.
9. Maintain daily parts withdrawal log sheet.
10.Report parts usage against equipment to storeroom coordinator to facilitate accurate bill of materials. Log in spreadsheet
11.Perform weekly inventory audits regarding accurate material quantities and locations and supply report to storeroom coordinator.
12.Assemble work kits in staging area(s) and notify storeroom coordinator when kits are completed.
13.Receive rebuilt “repair and return” parts and ensure part restock value.
14.General housekeeping of parts room.
15.Assign locations to new parts.
16.All other duties as directed by Maintenance Manager or Supervisor.
17.Secondary responsibility for FSSC/GMP plant compliance issues with the maintenance Supervisor as the primary. Report/request work orders if any FSSC/CGMP issues are related.
Note: The duties listed above are not all inclusive and may be subject to periodic updating or revision.
The Ideal Candidate
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Able to operate manual pallet jacks.
- 2 years of experience in mechanical and electrical parts and equipment would be preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Talents
More specifically, we would seek the following attributes and competencies for the position:
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of safe practices.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous Engineering Stores experience would be beneficial.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- inventory of stockroom for industrial equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person