Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 10-15+ years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Inventory Control and Planning Manager – direct hire / full time
Vice President, Operations
Manufacturing & Materials
Allen, TX 75002
Responsible for management of all Inventory Control activities across both Purchasing and Production Planning. Responsible for analyzing sales forecasts, customer orders, and inventory stocking levels to determine material requirements, production schedule, and inventory levels to ensure highest customer satisfaction metrics for on-time shipments. Manage staff in both Purchasing and Planning departments. Active member of the company’s LEAN deployment team, continually striving for advancement in methods to improve material acquisition, material movement, and inventory improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus five years of work-related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MPS, MRP, and CRP. CPIM preferred.
- Computer literate in Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. JD Edwards experience desirable
- Minimum of two years of related supervisory experience.
- Responsible for Inventory Control management across all inventory locations in the facility, including frequent reporting and driving action for product movement as needed
- Management of resources in both Purchasing and Planning departments
- Applies LEAN initiatives to optimize material flow through facility. Leads Kaizen teams to identify and eliminate inefficiencies in material flow, inventory control, and inventory management processes.
- Key member of Quest Production System deployment team with leadership expectations
- Evaluates and implements emerging technologies for inventory management and production planning
- Leads cross-functional team to ensure sales forecasts are translated and updated regularly for Purchasing and Operations to meet inventory targets
- Role will be asked to learn and become an SME for ERP system. JD Edwards experience is a plus.
- Utilizes advanced techniques and mathematical solutions to establish and maintain the inventory control plan across all SKUs
- Analyze material usage, work in process, and manufacturing lead times to determine production schedules to assure a smooth production flow in meeting sales forecasts and customers’ order requirements.
- Responsible for daily production planning across 400 SKUs, including front-end work order generation and back-end review of closed work orders
- Maintain forecast within the ERP system, and monitor performance against the forecast, to assure inventory levels of both raw materials and finished goods are adequately maintained. Lead quarterly forecast update meetings with all key personnel.
- Maintain accurate perpetual inventory levels and records through the administration of the cycle court process.
- Prepare necessary information for quarterly inventory obsolescence review meeting
- Assist in maintaining accuracy of Material Resource Planning II database by arranging for the correction of errors and the addition of new information.
- Manage negotiating all freight contracts.
- Ensure conformance to MAPs, SOPs, and QSRs within team functions.
Notables / Benefits:
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 10-15+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation, health/dental/vision, and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Forecasting: 3 years (Required)
- Lean Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Kaizen: 2 years (Required)
- Production Planning: 3 years (Required)
- MPS, MRP, CRP: 1 year (Required)
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- Freight Contracts: 2 years (Required)
- JD Edwards: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative