SQL Database Administrator – Milwaukee, WI
AE Business Solutions is seeking an experienced SQL DBA for a 12+ month contract assignment in downtown Milwaukee. This DBA will play a key role in large scale database migrations for a leading global financial services firm. If you’d like to contribute your skills in a collaborative and dynamic environment, this is your opportunity!
What You’ll Do:
What You Bring:
- Primary objective is to complete SQL and Oracle code move process into PROD and UAT and fulfill user requests that would include issue investigations, user permissions, data refreshes in non-PROD environments, database creations, SSRS and PowerBI permissions
- Project work including: SQL2008/SQL2012 database migrations to SQL16/17 including working with Delivery Teams to ensure quality and system stability
- Help support SQL and Oracle environments in an after-hours on-call, 5 week rotation
- Support tickets (user permissions, backups for people, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to delight customers and end users
- 2-5 years’ experience with SQL Server
- Solid understanding of DNS names, linked servers, backups, restores
- Ability to work independently and with Delivery Teams
- Oracle experience is greatly preferred
If you would like to take on a project in 2020 with a team that has a fantastic culture, send your resume to Kelly Roethe email@example.com for immediate consideration.